Friday, March 25, 2011

A Different Sort of Lunch

A belated St. Patrick's Day lunch. I love corned beef and cabbage, or New England Boiled Dinner if you prefer. But here in France corned beef is not available, so you have to make your own. I got started late, and the corned beef wasn't ready until this week. We cooked it up today and served it with the traditional potatoes, cabbage, carrots, turnip and parsnip - with a bit of horseradish on the side. John said it was the best corned beef he ever had, so I must have done it right! (I almost forgot to take the photo - I had already started eating when I remembered - thus the already partially eaten potato) We'll follow this up with soup made from the broth and leftover veggies, corned beef hash, Reuben sandwiches, who knows what else. Hmmm. Can't get pumpernickel bread here either. I'll have to search up a recipe.

1 comment:

  1. good peeking into your life in France, Ellie. Miss y'all.Tell John hello for me.

    ReplyDelete